Sunday, March 13, 2016

Welcome to my 6th area!

 Hello~
Welcome to my 6th area! Yep, I've moved again! I'm back to the very center of Taipei in a place called 板橋 (BanQiao) It's been a bit of a culture shock since I've been far far away from the city for about 5 months. I kinda forgot how many people are in Taiwan. My new companion is Sister Lee! She's about 31yrs old from Taiwan GaoXiong, and just finished training. I'm excited for this transfer!

Yang Ming Fang!
For a while, I was just praying that I wouldn't leave HuaLien. Everything about that area was just perfect, and I feel I grew so attached to the members, the missionaries, our investigators, my companion, even the mountains and beach! There was nothing within me that felt comfortable with leaving this perfect area on my last transfer, especially with all the times I've had to say goodbye on my mission already. But the night before we got moving calls, I was saying my prayers and the thought came to me that there's a lot more to life than just being comfortable, and I felt impressed to ask God for what I needed rather than what I wanted. I wanted to see if I could handle whatever challenge lays ahead with all the things that my mission has taught me. The next day during District Meeting, we received the text saying that we would move and I just had a pit in my stomach. I don't think I've ever experienced such anxiety on my mission. It was probably the hardest thing saying goodbye to those members and to Yang Ming Fang and Li Chong Wei. My heart was just broken. But I didn't want to go into this new area with this anxiety. So I decided to go in with faith. I knew it was where I was supposed to go. It's been the biggest blessing seeing that God has helped me learn how to deal with difficult situations. I really believe this is where I'm supposed to be. 
Li Chong Wei!
This area is basically being whitewashed. We have about 2 investigators. But the best part is it can only get better from here :)

Also! Li Chong Wei got baptized :) Even though I wasn't there to see it, I'm still so happy for him!
Have a great week!

Sister Hendricks


I will never ever forget this district!!
Our TaiQi Class! (Guess who that is in the back? Sister Griffin! She came to visit and helped us peike!)

I will miss our roommates!
Our whole zone woke up at like 5 in the morning to go to the beach on our last day together


Best place on earth!
I'll never forget our ultimate frisbee games!


Buffy!
This is my leaving smile


No comments:

Post a Comment