Sunday, March 20, 2016


Such a happy surprise! Yang Ming Fang, Lai 
JieMei, and Sister Haupt!

Another happy moment shared with my favorite family from
 MuZha!! The Lin Family :) 
Hello everyone!


I just love missionary work! It's been another great week of teachin and preachin and just doing our best. I've gotta say it's not the easiest thing in the world starting from rock bottom, but I think it's really inspired that I've been blessed to whitewash an area twice in a row because I've seen how the diligence and patience really pays off. Right now we're in the phase of no one to teach, so our days are filled with finding activities! Here's a great idea for every member of the church: introduce your friends to the missionaries! It's the most effective way for us to find people with interest, and it will bring you and your friend so much joy.

It's been really, really humbling being in this situation and realizing that the things we do as missionaries is just crazy without God's help. Really, how else could anything get done if the only thing trying to make a difference was two little missionaries trying to talk to a bunch of people that are busy in a country with not a lot of Christians and most people work or go to school every single day and claim to not have 20 minutes of time to meet, and then when they say they do, they don't show up. It sounds ridiculous and I can't think of a single person that would want to do something like this voluntarily if there wasn't a God of miracles that will work through us to change peoples' lives. So the cool thing is, it'll only go up from here! In every phase of my mission, whenever I've been in an area that is struggling, it ALWAYS picks up after a lot of patience, faith and diligence. So right now, we're just doing our best to do the things we love to do and be happy while we do it. The rest is up to God and His plan for the people in this area.

Also, we had the greatest experience doing Temple Tours last Saturday. I loved my last area so much, but I didn't want to spend this whole transfer thinking about those people and that ward, so I've been praying to be where I am now and experience this amazing new area with my companion. And when we went to do temple tours, it just happened to be Temple Day for the HuaLien ward, and guess who came to the temple for the first time? Yang Ming Fang!!! I was so happy to see her. Sister Haupt and her new companion went with her and we were able to give them a temple tour! It was such a tender mercy. Just another reminder that God loves us and knows the desires of our hearts.

Sister Hendricks
Look who I saw!
​This moment was just extremely happy. I am so grateful for the amazing life-long friendships I've developed here. I love Sister Stevens! She's in Taiwan visiting with her family. What a coincidence that I was able to see her!
My new companion, Sister Lee!

Our apartment from the outside

No comments:

Post a Comment