Sunday, November 29, 2015

So. much. good.

Cute house that is almost as short as me!
Yet another amazing week has passed by that was just filled with happiness! We basically weren't even in our area for half of the week because we went to Taipei.  On Tuesday, we went to hear from the new apostle, Elder Stevenson. It was such a cool experience, and really such a blessing that us East Coast missionaries were able to attend. I loved being in the chapel with all the missionaries in our mission. There is so much unity in gathering to hear from an apostle of the Lord. Then we were blessed to attend the temple afterwards. Then on Friday, we came back to Taipei for a leadership meeting. Lots and lots of travel. And it was very very tiring. But it was seriously so so worth it. I have never felt so spiritually fed!


​SUPER windy day! This is from the roof of the
 mission home! I love Taiwan :)

But yeah! This week was so good. Thanksgiving was a very very memorable day. We had a lesson with one of our investigators. She's a single mom with two daughters and she's so amazing. Her husband used to beat her, so she took her daughters and they ran away to HuaLien. She is really prepared to accept the gospel, and right now her baptismal date is for Christmas! Yeah! But her only problem is she can't come to church because she works on Saturday and Sunday to provide for her family. But we taught her about the Plan of Salvation and it was one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever had. Just watching her face the whole time just touched me. As I sat in that lesson, I just felt so grateful.. 

I know that this gospel and everything we share is true. I can't even explain the joy of it and the witness I've received that it's all so true. The more I feel that and think about it, the more I want to just GIVE this feeling to others. As we talk to people on the street, I think about all of the misconceptions people have to start off with that cause them to reject us from the start - or even when they actually feel it - and I just think... if they could just FEEL this. If they could just open their eyes and their ears and just really open their hearts, it would LITERALLY change their lives. These people can find peace, they can find guidance, they can grow closer to their families, they can learn to love themselves and to love others, they can know how to deal with rejection or pain or suffering. The teachings of Jesus Christ help us to know that there is a way through this life that is more than just sticking it out and holding our breath til the end. There's a way to ENJOY this life.

And the thing is, it's so hard to just TELL people these things. Our testimonies are such a small part of God's work. When the people we teach actually ACT and say their first prayer, or when they actually talk to their boss about getting work off on Sundays to attend church, or when they make the difficult changes necessary to follow the commandments, that's when they can feel it too. This indescribable feeling that truly witnesses that these things are true is reachable when we act.

Well, that's about all. Actually I could keep going, but time restrictions are a thing. I am just so grateful beyond all measure! I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Sister Hendricks
Our Thanksgiving Dinner
 We are pretty limited on kitchen supplies. This is our mashed potato in a pitcher haha
We had the best Thanksgiving dinner ever. One I will never forget. Sister Griffin's mom sent her instant potates, boxed stuffing, gravy, and canned turkey. Then our member just surprised us and got us rice and noodles. We were very thankful haha.
MLC with Sister Good!!
Sister Kunzler and I! (and Sister Facer photo bombing)
​A random man on his motorscooter stopped us while we were biking to give us these gummies... I seriously love the Taiwanese.

Happy Pre-Christmas package!

 Thank you so much mom! It looks and smells so good! My roommates are very grateful :)


 doing our pingu (evaluation) after the exchange!
​My first exchange staying in my area and I get to be with Sister Kirkham!! Seriously It was so much fun. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to learn from so many sisters.



No comments:

Post a Comment