Sunday, November 22, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

(last week) my exchange with sister Lindsay! I love this sister so much!
Seriously, I don't even know how to write about this week because I learned so much and I just can't take it all in and put it in one email! I think the biggest lesson I've learned this week is: "神的安排" (ShenDeAnPai) Which literally translates to "God's arrangement", or in other words "God's plan". Since coming to this area in HuaLien, I have never experienced so much the joy of just following God's plan by listening to the spirit. Every time an appointment cancelled, there was somewhere else we needed to go. Every road we had a feeling to stop and knock doors on, there was someone we needed to meet. Every time we had a terrible contact, there was a lesson that needed to be learned. I seriously found myself saying "神的安排" over and over again. I really came to see that God is really in charge of it all.

There was one night this week where I was laying in bed just smiling because I've never felt so happy in my life. I thought about riding our bikes in this breathtaking area, just looking at everyone, looking down every street, listening so hard for the spirit to tell us where to go and just following it. And when we do, we really find these incredible people who need this message. I don't know why I've ever complained about going outside in the heat or the rain to knock doors or to go tracting. There's nothing happier than the message we share, whether people accept it or not! Whether we're yelled at, kicked out of houses, rejected or mocked in any way it doesn't matter. Because, "神的安排"! It's all His work! I don't even do anything, really. Well, I attempt to do the things God wants done and He just takes care of it. The motto that is now hanging up on our wall in our apartment is "Heavenly Father is taking care of us, so we don't need to worry". Right next to our "Hakkuna Matata" quote :). I've never felt so grateful that I get to just watch God make all these miracles and just bless me so much when I don't even deserve it.

Learning all of this really helped me this week. I think a lot of the responsibilities of being a Sister Training Leader, preparing to take over this area in just 4 weeks - (which I have still never done before), getting to know this area and actually believing that I can help this ward that is really struggling, being a good leader and example to all the sisters in our zone as well as Taidong's zone, and so many more things have all given me a little bit of stress this week. But remembering that it really is 神的安排, has given me the faith and the courage that Heavenly Father is really taking over the area, not me. I just have to trust in Him and the calling He has given me. 

There's a story in the Pearl of Great Price that I've never even heard of in my life until my companion introduced it to me this morning about the prophet Enoch. God gave him this calling that was far beyond anything Enoch could do, but God completely magnifies Him and gives Enoch the power He needs to do the things he was commanded to do:

"31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight,and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant? (I, too, am just a wee little lad, a lot of people hate us, and I am very slow to speak Chinese)
32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.
34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me."

(Moses 6:31-34)
This was the cutest couple that let us into their home to teach them the plan of salvation. It took us a while to realize they hardly speak Chinese - Mostly Taiwanese haha, but it was still a really cool experience. They were very very loving people.
I know there is no way God would call me to this area with this calling if there was NO WAY for me to do it. I have to continue to trust in Him.

So, I'm so grateful I get to be a part of this work. A part of 神的安排. A part of seeing peoples' lives changing, and growing in ways I didn't think possible. I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Hendricks

Dinner With Lai JiaTing, the elders, and our investigator Chen Yu Cheng!
Sister Griffin and I with Sister Lai!
We are ALWAYS eating apples.
Our cute member Sister Shi!
Dinner with the sisters at the Night Market!
Seriously look at where I live...
Sister Kunzler and I bought these on our exchange. Probably the grossest thing I've ever eaten.

You can't really tell, but it started POURING rain after church yesterday. and it was coldddd rain. Winter has come, my friends!  (But not really because it is really hot today..)
 We heart attacked some members this week :)
This is Sister Cheng. We do service for her every week because she is just so lonely. She is probably my favorite person in the whole world. We went and sang songs for her and bought her some fruit. She makes me so happy!
Night Markets


The cutest Asian baby!

Our bike ride to church





No comments:

Post a Comment