Monday, October 5, 2015

God takes care of His children

This is one of the elder's RC from SongShan, Aimee Chen, that got baptized right after I moved to XiZhi! I saw her at the fireside and she gave me  a kiwi and a twix haha.Dear Sister HENDRICKS
  I'm so happy that I could met with you in fireside.I heard your Chinese better and better .I'm so happy for you and I know you always do your best everyday in your mission.I never forget the day you just came to sungsang .You couldn't understand what we say in Chinese.But now you are perfect!!!!你很厲害,很棒!!
God bless you all well.
Sister Chen yu mei
So last Monday, our Zone Leaders called saying none of us were moving. I'll be honest, we were all a bit disappointed and exhausted. Being in a trio has a lot of ups to it, but it's also very tiring. Especially when you've been together for 7 weeks, with 5 more to go. But nonetheless, we knew there was nothing to be done, except make the best of it. After preparing ourselves for the transfer ahead, our Assistants called us the morning of transfers saying "Sister Luo, where are you?" she said "We're at home" and he said "Oh. We forgot to tell you - You're moving"
Sister Luo with her new companion Sister Jenkins, and SIster Haupt and I! We went back to our apartment after transfer meeting to pack up Sister Luo's stuff.
Haha, pretty crazy. So we had to take a taxi to get to Taipei for the transfer meeting. She moved to XinZhu to be a Sister Training Leader! It was a little sad, but I'm so excited to be in Muzha with Sister Haupt!! I absolutely LOVE this area. We have grown so close with the ward over this last transfer. At first, I felt pretty nervous that Sister Luo was leaving, and to become senior companion. But the nerves left quickly and Sister Haupt and I are so excited to be in charge of MuZha. I discovered that I actually love having responsibility, because I love seeing that God is actually in charge and through Him we can do all things. We really saw so many miracles and I know God is watching over us. I learned that whatever we are called to do, we can do it if we have faith! Sister Haupt and I know that this is God's work, and MuZha is His area. I'm just so happy to be a small instrument in this amazing work.

It was a little hard getting sick with a cold RIGHT after recovering from the flu, but I can testify that it strengthened my faith in the power of the priesthood! We took it a little easy for a couple days, but Sunday came and we had so many appointments that we just couldn't reschedule them. We had this investigator, Chen JM that we couldn't get a hold of all week. She is seriously probably the most prepared investigator I've had on my mission, and she just disappeared last week. She didn't answer the phone or texts or anything. That happens quite frequently with people, and when it does we just move on. But Sister Haupt and I just had a feeling to not give up on her. Then suddenly she texted us yesterday morning saying she was coming late to church and would meet with us after! So there was no way we could reschedule. Then we had our less-active, Huang Pei Xuan came to church for the first time in months -maybe even years, and had such a spiritual experience. So we had to meet with her! We also met with another less-active that could only meet on Sunday this week who is really starting to develop a testimony. And we also had our Correlation Meeting, AND Ward Council. Then we had a dinner appointment with our Bishop, and then the Fireside, which our recent convert, Zhui JM was speaking at, and we had three investigators say they could come, so we obviously couldn't miss out on that. So basically, I was sitting in sacrament meeting with my head aching, coughing, blowing my nose, feeling so miserable, wondering how we would make it through the day. But Sister Haupt and I had a feeling we had to attend every appointment we had scheduled for the day, so I asked our elders to give me a priesthood blessing after church. I don't know how it all happened, but we were able to attend every single appointment and with smiles on our faces, and it was seriously one of the best days of the week, and I know that it wouldn't have gone so smoothly had I not received a priesthood blessing.

I really learned a lot in this. I know that God does not expect us to do more than we can handle: "And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order." (Mosiah 4:27). But I also know that if it is His will, He WILL provide a way. I think it's easy to feel guilty for getting sick especially as a missionary, but I know it's nothing I have control over, and I know that because I have such a desire to do this work, God has never failed to provide means for me to serve.

Oh yeah, Happy 1 year mission anniversary!
Sister Hendricks
​Oh yeah, there was a crazy Typhoon last Pday. We were told to stay in for the whole day. This is what happened to our bikes haha
I totally forgot to mention this- but the Elders had two baptisms this week!!! And one of them was our recent convert Zhui jiemei's husband! We are all so happy for their family!!

Sister Trouble took this picture at the fireside.
Basically I live in the Promised Land!
This is the view from our Bishop's house. the left side of the river is our area, MuZha, and the right side is XinDian which is our zone leader's area.




No comments:

Post a Comment