Monday, August 17, 2015

Welcome to 木柵!

I'm going to miss this district more than anything. I LOVE SongShan and XiZhi missionaries!!
It's the start of a new transfer already!? I feel like after every transfer ends, they just get quicker and quicker. My time in XiZhi felt so long, yet so short. I can't even begin to think about all the changes that came from my time there. I feel like a completely different person. I feel like my mission is like a marathon with a bunch
I love Sister Stevens so much!!
of hills, and my time in XiZhi was a constant sprint up the steepest, longest hill in the race. The time where I have to work the hardest and sweat the most, but also have the most patience because it's not until I reach the top of the hill that I feel like I've accomplished anything at all. The amazing thing is, I feel I made it to the top of the hill, and now that I've caught my breath, I can look back and see what I've done. During that sprint, there were times that I tripped and felt there was no way to stand up and keep going. I know I'm not a perfect person, and I definitely wasn't a perfect companion. But the biggest lesson I learned was how to truly rely on Jesus Christ. I know that it was only through Him that I could get back up on my feet. The
My cute Sister Peng!! I will miss her so much. I'm so grateful for my time with her and all that she taught me. She's going to be such a great trainer!!
Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I feel like it wasn't until I served in XiZhi that I truly learned the reality that Christ REALLY atoned for our sins. Being the imperfect person I am, I know that I need Him in order to change at all. Because of the atonement, I now feel prepared to continue on in this marathon. No matter how many hills are ahead.

That's Taipei 101 behind us!

Transfer day came, and I'm now in the beautiful city of 木柵 MuZha! This transfer is going to be a little special. I've been put into the only tripanionship in the mission with Sister Luo and Sister Haupt! Yes, I have TWO companions. To be honest, we were all pretty nervous at first. I've never been in a trio before. But I have been so impressed with how quickly we developed good communication, and love right from the start. There's still a whole transfer ahead of us, but I feel very confident that we can do this.

​XieYiLing's baptism!
Sister Luo and her last companion, Sister Knapp taught this investigator XieYiLing, and she got baptized yesterday! It was exciting to see her baptism. After the baptism, we returned home to drop off some things and planned to go finding for the last hour of the night. But we were so tired, seriously the biggest wave of exhaustion
Our member, Kenna Ling at XieYiLing's baptism!
overcame us all, and we were so tempted to just stay in for the night. But the voice in my head told me to say a prayer and ask for the energy to go out and work for that last hour. So we agreed that was the best thing to do and we said a prayer and went out to work. It was incredible how quickly I felt energized and ready to go. I can seriously testify that Satan will do everything he can to stop us from sharing the gospel, because the very first person we talked to was so prepared and we had such a spiritual lesson with her right on the side of the road. Her name is ZhangReiHan and she is our new investigator! 
MuZha!!
I am so grateful for my time in XiZhi that really broke me down and humbled me. And I'm also very excited to be here in MuZha! I just have to say, I am loving my mission more and more everyday, despite the hills, the sprinting, and the tripping. I know that God gives us every experience for our benefit. It's up to us to decide how to learn from it.

Sister Hendricks
My cute companionS Sister Haupt and Sister Luo!
More familiar faces! Temple Tours Training day is the best. I love Sister Gabbitas and Sister Knapp!
Had Temple Tour Training this week and saw some familiar faces! :)
Sister Good, Sister Oviatt, me, Sister Haacke, and Sister Lindsay!
A couple weeks ago, we went to do TaiChi with Sister Jergensen and her daughter Maddie while we were on exchanges! Wow I'm seriously going to miss Central Zone so soo much!
The view from our apartment! I love this place!
Our new apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment