Monday, December 22, 2014

Lost Mountain!

 FIRST STOP, GEORGIA!

We've arrived in Georgia! It's been such an eventful day! We left the MTC at 3:30am, and made our way to the airport. We flew into Georgia at around 2pm and met some elders and our mission president, President Harding, who told us where we were all going. I was sent to the Lost Mountain area which is west of Atlanta, and then Sisters Oviatt, Kirkham, and Lindsay are all going south of Atlanta in Peach Tree City. I met my companion, Sister Berret and she seems really awesome based off of the 45 minutes that I've known her. But I can't wait to start working with her!
It just feels so surreal to actually be out of the MTC. It's so exciting to be in this new area and to start my missionary experience in Georgia. I just feel so eager and ready to get to work. I don't have a whole lot of time to write today since we have our (first) member appointment pretty soon! But I just wanted to send a quick email home and let you all know that I am so excited to be here! I will really miss the people at the MTC, especially my roommates and district. And I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be Sister Lindsay's companion for a few days. She is going to be such a great missionary.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! http://www.mormon.org/Christmas
Sister Hendricks
 Us with Jose and Hely
 Last District Photo
I needed a sentimental photo of me sitting in my desk
  Sister Call and I! Good luck in Korea!
 Last night with the greatest sisters ever! I am so lucky to have made such great friends.
 3:30am shuttle to the airport!

 We made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment