Monday, October 13, 2014

WEEK TWO!

Nimen hao!

I don't even know where to start - so much happened this week! I'll do my best to talk about the best parts and to have proper grammar, but time is so tight here so no promises that this will be beautifully written. It feels like I've been here for months but at the same time it feels like I got here yesterday. The days are soo long and tiring, but everyday keeps getting better!

My whole zone goes to choir practice, which is so awesome. Sister Good and I look forward to Tuesday and Sundays so we can all sing together. It's such a cool feeling being in a room full of missionaries singing their heart out to the Lord. I get chills every time. 

I'm starting to feel a little better about the language. It was hard at first getting used to having a companion who knows the language so much more than I do, but now I realize it's a blessing! it pushes me to work so much harder, and it really motivates me to get to know this language really well.

On Wednesday, we taught Luo Yang again. I was a little nervous because the two lessons prior to this one have been horrible for me. I havent understood a word he says at all. But this time, Sister Good and I worked SO HARD on this lesson and I prayed so much that I would gain from this experience. It went so well - the spirit was so strong, and during the whole lesson, everything he said made sense. It was so crazy. I still couldn't find the words to say to him, and I have yet to experience the gift of tongues. But the gift of interpretation is so real and so cool. So, we felt inspired to invite Luo Yang to be baptized and he said he wants to! We were so excited until the next day when he turned out to be our new teacher. I felt pretty stupid. It's okay though, even though he was an actor, the lessons felt so real. 

Friday was sad. Elder Bayne (from our district) went home because he was having anxiety issues. he plans on coming back out but he said he has to wait 6 months to 4 years before coming back out on a mission.

I love the sisters in my zone! Our sister training leaders, Sister Cutler and Sister Sharp are awesome. We started running with them in the mornings around the MTC before gym time. It feels so good exercising first thing in the morning. Sadly, Sister Sharp leaves for Hong Kong next week. We're all going to miss her so much!

Yesterday was awesome. It was basically our first sunday since last week was general conference. It was so cool listening to the talks given in Chinese, and understand some of it. After sacrament, we went on a temple walk and then had choir, and then devotional, and then we had the best part of the day.

Character of Christ - it was a Christmas devotional given by Bednar a few years ago. I don't think I can explain the inspiration I felt upon leaving that film. I have never felt such a strong desire to love deeper and be completely self-less. I don't think we can ever comprehend how amazing christ's character is.

Something I learned this week is that the blessing I will receive from doing such a hard thing will just happen. But that shouldn't be the motivation I have to be here. This mission isn't for me. It helps me, but that's not why I'm here. I am here on the Lord's time doing the Lord's work. It's okay that I don't speak Mandarin Chinese yet, and it's okay that I have struggled.

Proverbs 3:5-10 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding"

I LOVE YOU ALL!! I wish I had more time! I miss you all and I pray about you every night!
Wo ai nimen!

Sister Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment