Monday, April 11, 2016

These are my favorite flowers in Taiwan! I've seen them everywhere recently.

Hey everyone!

The highlight of the week was definitely General Conference. This was my 4th time watching General Conference on my mission, and with every session I feel more and more sure that our Apostles and Prophet are truly called of God. I felt so inspired and really touched by the spirit. I really feel like God teaches us the things we need to know if we have an open heart and a humble desire to learn. That's really all it takes, and then the spirit will really testify of truth. I believe that's true with all my heart.
​We made pancakes for our members after General Conference
and then we all shared our favorite parts. The spirit was really
strong as we all bore testimony together. I love this ward!

This week was so cool. As Sister Lee and I have focused on loving people, we've seen so many miracles. We met these really cool new investigators, ChenZhaoWen and HuangPeiHua. We met them on the same night one right after another. It was really cool! Chen was just walking towards us and we started talking to her and she had a lot of interest in English! She teaches art to little children and she said that one of her students used to go to our English Class and has talked about us before. She said that if it wasn't for her student, she probably wouldn't have talked to us. It was even better that as we started talking with her, she said that her biggest desire in life is to always improve and to become better every day. The spirit really guided us as we were able to testify of God's love for us and that His plan is to help us learn and grow and to enjoy our life on earth.

I've learned a lot about the power of prayer this transfer, and it's caused me to ponder - especially with one of the talks I heard this weekend that we should be humble before being compelled to be humble. The prayers I've said these past few weeks have truly brought me closer to my Father in Heaven. At first, it was because I felt so weak at the start of this transfer that I needed God's help, so naturally I felt more inclined to pour out my heart to God. But then I wondered why I don't say more meaningful and sincere prayers when everything is going well? I've noticed that as I've had sincere and real conversation with God everyday rather than only doing so when I feel I need it, I've developed so much more faith and have felt Him guiding me. I feel like I've come to better understand what our relationship with God should actually be like, and what kind of difference that makes in our lives. We are His children and He loves us. That truth is so simple and so powerful. The power of prayer is so real. We literally can communicate with the one who created us all, no matter where we are. I'm so grateful for the simple guidance we've been given to just humbly seek for Him and to open our hearts, and for the agency He's given us to just choose to do so. He doesn't force us to have a relationship with Him. But when we seek Him, the relationship we can develop with Him is more precious than anything we could ever imagine.

I hope you all have a great week!

Sister Hendricks
 On our way to Zone Meeting!
 This is the kind of food we eat almost everyday. 
Waiting for the MRT~ I love public transportation in Taiwan!
Lunch with the best family ever - Guo Jiating!! They took us to a super
traditional Taiwanese restaurant right before General Conference. These
people really make you feel like family. I feel so blessed with the people I have in my life.
Dinner with Sister Huang (taking photo) and Brother Kong!

Do you see the black cat? He sees us.

No comments:

Post a Comment