Sunday, September 20, 2015

Another transfer coming to an end...

What do you get with 5 missionaries and 1 stop light?
Hello!

Wow the transfer is already coming to an end. I really learned a lot this transfer. I've learned that the hardest times teach us the biggest lessons. I'll be honest, it hasn't been my best week. I think the most difficult part of this transfer has been being sick. It's been difficult trying to figure out how to deal with it all as a missionary. I've been feeling nauseous, weak, and throwing up all week. Luckily, we have so many members that are more than willing to go on splits so there's still work getting done in our area, but we are going to see the doctor after emailing to get the problem fixed. I just want more than anything to be healthy again. 
​This is called Gua Sha. Our stake president's wife took care of me yesterday and this is what she did. Some sort of Chinese Medicine. You rub oil on the back of your neck and then take this tool to softly scratch your neck, and if it turns red that means you're sick. She scraped my neck and it immediately turned red. But then it made me feel much better!
Gosh, I hope I don't leave this area. Moving calls are Wednesday night! I really hope I stay in MuZha.  This is our apt building.
But something I've really learned from all of this is that there is always a lesson to be learned. Something I've noticed these past few weeks as I write in my journal at the end of the night, is that whenever there's something difficult that day that I write about, a thought pops into my head that Christ understands. For the past week or so, I've been pondering on how persecuted and misunderstood Christ was. He was the perfect being. He did no wrong to anyone. Yet every small, practically microscopic, problem I hold is one among thousands of others that He carries. I am beyond imperfect, and sometimes I catch myself complaining about being sick, or something. But then I have to quickly remind myself that it's not the end of the world. Christ didn't ever murmur a complaint or anything during His atoning sacrifice. In fact, His last words as He hung on the cross were "Father, forgive them. For they know not what they do."

The fact that He can so easily love and forgive others.. it is so moving to me. How can I be like that? How can I push aside every pain and trouble I face and turn outward? I've grown such a strong desire to love others the way Christ loved. I'm really determined to turn this situation around. I know I'm not perfect, but the way the Gospel of Jesus Christ is set up, is so that we can always start fresh. If we have a broken heart and a contrite spirit and humbly seek for guidance, then the Atonement can really make a difference in our lives. I know I need to change and become more Christ-like.

Sister Hendricks

We all need  comfort and hugs :)
Dinner with Du JieMei and Xie Yi Ling!
Splits with members! SO much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment